Orphans and ChildrenClick here for information about how to sponsor an orphan.
(back to orphans)
click for larger image
Birth Year: 1998
School: Parental Care School Mbarara
Sponsored By: Hubbard Middle School 6th graders Tyler, TX
You can currently sponsor a child from one of these six schools.
1. Mbarara This site serves as our boarding school/orphanage and some of the children/ orphans are there full time as they have no family. Most of our work has been here so far but now these children have been seeing the Lord's provision through clean water and many building projects. About 300 children and 20 staff are here. This site will start the move to the new land starting with our oldest students hopefully in 2012.
2. Rwemikoma This site is located in a very rural area of southwest Uganda. It is not easy to get to. Over 200 children are receiving a Christian education. We have 6 teachers at this day school where some of the children walk over six miles each day to attend. The need is so great here and through sponsorship we hope to provide a hand pump water well and start serving lunch this year and construct a new classroom there this year. Eventually we want to take these students to our new land for boarding when it is ready.
3. Ibanda is our smallest site. These children meet in a tiny rented building with several classrooms located in a small village that serves as a day school/ boarding school. We have around 50 children there with six teachers. About 20 of the 50 board at the school. The needs here are great as well and through sponsorship we are providing a Christian education to so many children giving them clothing and now a food program.
4. Kyasenya The people in the community of Kyasenya have been praying for an opportunity for their children to attend school for years. Some school buildings had begun being built but were abandoned. With no money to purchase the land the buildings sat on they continued to pray for provision. In May of 2011 that provision became a reality. Through some visiting PCM supporters we have purchased the land, rebuilt the school and started classes for 120 excited children!
5. Sanga (formerly Minekye) is set deep in the village of southwest Uganda. Located in a poor farming community, these 250 children are getting the chance to go to school for the first time. Many of these children have also been malnourished, so we are excited to be able to give them a good meal each day. As we meet their physical needs they will be excited to learn about their Savior.
6. Katyazo is the site for our brand new secondary school. Up until this point we have not been able to educate the children past 7th grade. With the opening of this site in January 2012, our children are now having the opportunity to be educated up to the University level. This site will also eventually become a full primary and secondary school. As school buildings are constructed we are reminded of God's amazing provision for his children.
It is our goal as the staff of PCM to send 100% of the money given to orphan care straight over to Uganda to meet the needs of these precious children. However, there are administrative costs that are necessary to provide the assistance and communication with these children. PCM is committed to always sending 85% or more of the funds given directly to Uganda to meet these needs. This is our standard, but we are happy to report that because of donors who have given directly to our administrative costs at this point we have been blessed to send 100% of your gifts directly to orphan care in Uganda. Praise God for his provision!